Ama Dablam Trekking Adventure
Ama Dablam, Nepal
02 – 21 OCT 2018
** FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY CLAIM YOUR EXCLUSIVE 10% BOUNDLESS BETTY DISCOUNT **
Ama Dablam Trekking Adventure
Join this incredible trekking adventure, a first of it’s kind and hike to camp 1 (5,700m) of the mighty Ama Dablam.
Ama Dablam (6812m) is known as one of the most aesthetically beautiful mountains in the world. It is often called the ‘Matterhorn of the Himalaya’. It has a wonderful prominent position in the Khumbu Valley, near to Everest. The name ‘Ama Dablam’ means Mother and her Necklace.
This is a once in a lifetime trekking adventure. Led by a female world record adventurer and Everest summiteer, Holly Budge and lead trekking guide, Shera Sherpa. This dynamic duo will give you a unique insight into the world of big mountain climbing and the opportunity to hike up to Camp 1 at 5700m on one of the most iconic mountains in the world. This is the first adventure of its kind as no other trek in the Himalayas takes you to this altitude. Perfect for those who want to test how they fair at high altitude.
No technical mountaineering skills needed just a strong set of pins and an open mind! Very limited spaces so book now to avoid disappointment.
This trip is open to both men and women, however with Holly as the expedition leader female participation starts at the core of this adventure and through this, we hope to encourage and inspire more women to pursue an adventurous lifestyle.
There are 15 places available on this adventure. To secure your spot please follow the instructions in the Book Now section. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotels & Tents
Ama Dablam, Nepal
15 max. guests
On the Trek all meals incl.
Airport Pick up & Drop off
Guys & Girls
Rental Gear Not Incl.
All possible conditions
- Holly Budge as your leader
- Shera Sherpa as lead trekking guide
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for three nights
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst trekking
- Return flight to/from Lukla
- Transfers to & from Kathmandu Airport
- Permits, sherpas, porters & yaks
- Group equipment including tents/first aid kit
- Daily updates for friends & family
- Guaranteed #goodvibes
…and what’s not
- International flights
- Personal insurance (See FAQ 4 for further details)
- Entry visa
- Personal equipment
- Food/drink in Kathmandu
Join British Everest Summiteer, Holly Budge and Shera Sherpa on this authentic adventure in Nepal. This dynamic duo have shared many adventures together, including on Everest and now bring you responsible and fun journeys with purpose.
On this adventure they will give you a unique insight into the world of big mountain climbing and the opportunity to hike up to Camp 1 at 5700m on one of the most iconic mountains in the world. This is the first adventure of its kind as no other treks in the Himalayas takes you to this altitude. Perfect for those who want to test how they fair at high altitude.
You will leave with greater skills, insight and lasting memories. Their motto is Think Big, Dream Bigger.
- A rare trekking expedition, led by world record holding adventurer and Everest summiteer, Holly Budge, veering off the beaten path and up to Camp 1 on Ama Dablam @ 5700m
- A unique opportunity to gain an insight into the world of big mountain climbing, without the technical skills of climbing on snow and ice or the pressure of pushing for the summit
- Experience Namche Bazar, a vibrant ‘metropolis’ at 3500m where you can eat, sleep and breathe mountain culture
- Walk to grassy Ama Dablam Base Camp at 4,500m on snow-free paths through the Khumbu Valley, passing green terraced villages, rushing rivers and lush forests. Points of interest enroute include Tengboche Monastery and the stunning views of Mount Everest
- Stay in comfortable teahouses and then camp beneath towering peaks
- Join our team of like-minded individuals sharing a passion for adventure
In Kathmandu we stay in a hotel that is often described as ‘a home where the hosts welcome you warmly and educate you about their traditions and you do not leave the place without gaining friends’. On the trek, we will stay in tents. Each person will have their own tent if desired.
Note: The itinerary of the trip can differ depending on factors such as the weather and local conditions.
Day 1 & 2: Arrive Kathmandu (1,300m/4,300ft). Relax, finalise arrangements and explore the infamous Thamel district of Kathmandu. It is a bustling hub of outdoor shops, souvenir shops, restaurants and cafes to suit your every need! Evening talk by Holly Budge with Q&A.
Day 3: From Kathmandu we will fly to Lukla (2,900m/9,600ft) and walk to Phakding (2,550m/8,400ft). 2-4 hours.
Day 4 & 5: Trek up to Namche Bazar (3446m/11,350ft), the capital of the Sherpa Kingdom. Here we rest for a day to acclimatise and enjoy the vibrant metropolis of this unique market town. 4-8 hours.
Day 6: Trek to Pangboche (3,860m/12,700ft) and sleep in a tea house. 6-8 hours.
Day 7: Walk to Ama Dablam Base Camp (4,650m/15,300ft) 2-5 hours.
Day 8: Rest, acclimatise, eat good food and have wifi available in the nearby tea house, located a very short walk from Base Camp.
Day 9: We will hike to Advanced Basecamp (5350m/17,600ft) and sleep here for the night in a tent. (4-6 hours).
Day 10: Return and sleep in Base Camp.
Day 11: Rest day.
Day 12: From Base Camp, we will hike up to Camp 1 (5700m/18,800ft) and sleep in a tent for the night. We scramble over large boulders and an easy rock slab in the last section where we fix a “hand-line” to assist you. (5-8 hours).
Day 13: Return and sleep in Base Camp.
Day 14: Rest day.
Day 15: Walk down to vibrant Namche Bazar
Day 16: Rest and relax in Namche Bazar. (Recommend the bakery!)
Day 17: Walk to Lukla
Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 19: Leave with great memories!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.